Thursday 10 April 2014

Dreaded Three Oh

The title of this post was originally going to be the name of the blog, but I decided against it, because I'm not always going to be complaining about my age. I promise.

My youngest nephew turned 7 today and I helped out at his birthday party. It made me a little glad that I am still childless. I love him and my other nieces and nephews more than I can describe. They are all amazing kids (6 of them in total) but sometimes I think that the six of them is enough. I can get my kid fill any time I like by babysitting. And once they've gone home I am delighted to be by myself again. I can only imagine what it's like to have 2 or 3 around your ankles every hour of every day.  The joys of other peoples kids - you can send them home when it all gets too much.

I had the best of intentions to write here more regularly than once a week but I kept putting it off. Reluctance I think to tie myself into this. Reluctance to tie myself into something permanent, something fixed and long term. Like a job.

I have been inviting people to a birthday celebration, so I'm guessing I kind of have to do something now, but the question is, what?

I change my mind every other week. I keep leaning towards a Mad Hatter Tea Party type event, but where, when, how are all issues. Also, I'm not overly keen on the organising stuff, but I also don't want to let anyone else organise it either. Just means a bit of a tug of war is going to occur soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment